Thursday, June 9, 2011

Suggestion regarding class changes



If you haven't noticed, Nexon has been trying to balance the various classes lately. But it isn't working. And it's annoying.

They need to realize when to STOP, instead of constantly remaking the classes every few months. It's getting ridiculous. Instead of balancing properly, they are overpowering one class at a time (NOTE: mage/warrior/etc Jump patches). This will lead to a cycle of endless "balancing" since each time they remake it a class it is stronger than many other classes.

The solution would be to make ONE big balancing patch... and actually BALANCE for once.

It is annoying to play a game where, if I make a character because of the skills/abilities/etc it has, I have no guarantee that my character will maintain ANY of those qualities. I made an I/L mage because mages used to be the training class. Ultimates gave the fastest leveling in the game back then. Now, Nexon made blizzard useless and turned mages into a completely useless job: bad at bossing + bad at leveling. I get more exp/hr (no, I don't mean %/hr) on a 11x hermit than on my archmage. In the future, mages will be good at bossing with the Jump patch. But did I ever WANT to boss on my mage? Is that what I was thinking about when I created my character? No.

Job advancements are now like the stock market; you have no idea on how your job will change in the next giant update.


 Edit:

Yes some people are saying that this is a method of attracting new players. However, if this was the case couldn't one argue that Nexon is forgetting about the older generation of players who supported Nexon all these years?

I've personally got friends who have spent years trying to get their character up to Lvl 200 only to get trumped by a newer player. 



33 comments:

  1. Interesting, have you ever contacted Nexxon and see if they will take your suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh last time I played Maple story I accidentally got teleported to an island that everything was too high level, and I couldn't get out. I think I ended up giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choose the Dark Knight. That's the best class in the game =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously how can a new player trump someone who has been building a character up for years?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's a bit silly that a guy who just started can beat a high level char.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Balancing is such a big issue in games, particularly MMorpgs, that you would think companies would dedicate a very large portion of their resources to make sure that it is done right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TBH every post you make, describes the game as complete shit...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really sucks to lose to a new player when you know you should win just because of experience =/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could never really get into Maplestory, but I might give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never played this story and sadly I keep hearing its golden time is over :/

    I hope they fix it up back to the way it used to be so I can give it a try before Guild wars 2 comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. guess ill return to play MS :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. They want it to look as though they're doing something, lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I agree with Recharge.

    Good post btw

    ReplyDelete
  14. A whole blog about maplestory? talk about nostalgia haha. great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the balance was needed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I didn't know you could do that in Maple Story, Very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg, a MapleStory blog!! This brings back memories... I played MS for like 4 years, when it first came out. Although I have been reading some of the updates recently, and I have to say it's just not very good anymore... :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never played MS, is too "cute" for my tastes. The truth is im a casual gamer, i guess. xD.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Maplestory seems to have changed quite a bit from when I last played it, which was probably 2 years ago. It was probably the best free game that I played, I do kind of regret dropping it. Following :>

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't played this game in years but I've heard from other people it's a pretty big problem. It must suck dedicating so much time into a single character only to get them nerfed into an unplayable state.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's about attracting new players, agreed. I agree with you though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Man this brings me back, my friends and I wanted to play Maple Story but for some reason we never got to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. never played this game, but it seems ok.

    ReplyDelete
  24. why don't they test it in a closed environment?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yeah! I agree with you (and Dark knight > all)

    ReplyDelete